No-one really enjoys filing their Self Assessment. It’s that unwanted chore that you put off until the last minute, before flying into a mad January panic when you realise time’s almost up. Our friends at Crunch, the online accounting specialists, take us through a few hints to help freelancers get through it.
It might not surprise you to know that, historically, Self Assessment deadline day (31st January each year) is an extremely busy day at the offices of HMRC. It also might not come as a surprise that they rake in millions from late-filing penalties every year.
Getting your documents together and filing early are the safest ways to avoid a Self Assessment headache. With that in mind, here are three ways you can get yourself ready for the Self Assessment deadline.
ProductionBase is extremely pleased to recommend Crunch – a company that has transformed the previously grey and stuffy world of expensive accounting into a quick and cost-effective process.
How it works:
- Unlike a traditional accountancy firm, Crunch is geared to your needs, not the accountant.
- They remove every single task so you’ll be able to focus on what you’re good at – making programmes.
- You’ll get your very own account manager – that is with you every step of the way.
- From the quick setup process or simple transfer from your old accountant, to looking after all that boring paperwork from HMRC and Companies House.
- You’ll have an expert accountant to talk to, precisely when you need them – especially when you know you are not being charged by the minute.
- They are there to answer all your accountancy and tax questions as well as checking everything you do is correct before it’s submitted.
- Designed for the non-accounting mind, its one of the easiest accounting systems available.
- You’ll be sending invoices in minutes, dropping in expenses and seeing the health of your business instantly.
To find out more, visit Crunch – Online Accounting.